Diplom-Wirtsch.-Ing. (FH) Andreas Niegsch
- Overall responsibility for stock listed and limited companies
- Intercultural and virtual leadership experiences
- Actively integrating associates to be involved as participants
- Constructive interaction and effective negotiations with trade unions, advisory and supervisory boards
- Stringent performance and cost management
- Pragmatic solutions and strategies
- Project and program management
- Authentic and customer-oriented
- Curiosity and risk-taking propensity to discover new ways
- M&A accompaniment including post-merger integration
- Initiate and implement transformation processes incl. change management
- Forward-looking thinking – securing future viability
- Transformation management including restructuring
- Over 12 years as CEO / Managing Director for companies and regions including factories with a turnover up to € 700 M and employees up to 3,000 in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- More than 25 years of reframing and transforming businesses and organizations including change management in different cultures and various stages of company development in more than 60 countries in Europe including Russia and Turkey, Middle East and Africa
- Strict and consistent management of cost and performance based on clear KPIs and Lean management principles in production, administration and sales
- Competent in shaping constructive interaction and effective negotiations with trade unions, works councils and advisory / supervisory boards in Germany / Austria / Switzerland / Slovenia and Turkey
- Quadrupled the share value and doubled the EBIT by turning around the OEM business and revising the go-to-market strategy of the Aftermarket business
- Extended critical distribution and service foot print by setting-up a joint venture as well as invested in target companies
- Successful set-up of the Central Southeast European Region by integrating 12 countries and their organisations under one management team
- Defined and implemented the future business model for the Sales and Service organizations in Sub-Saharan Africa by orchestrating the sale of the organizations to selected distributors despite of prior carve-out of the highly profitable Ultra Large EM business
- Drove turnaround following years of loss making by providing the necessary guidance and support to reframe the companies in East and West Europe as well as restructuring two retail operations
- Facilitated and guided the revision of the strategic direction of a Russian sales company as well as extending the portfolio of a local produced product line by a contract manufacturer resulted in considerably increased unit sales and EBIT
- Globally repositioned two competing premium brand families and established dedicated Marketing teams in key markets in EEMEA resulting in double-digit growth of unit sales and gross margin
- Extended market position by introducing a second product line in the premium segment exclusively for Turkey / Middle East / North Africa without cannibalizing the existing premium line as well as the premium price position in Europe
- Successfully launched a market specific premium product for the price sensitive markets of East Europe, Asia and Latin America by changing the core principles in the organization on premium quality and contract production
- Regained market leadership by launching a new product line for DIYs, petrol stations and car parts accessory shops
- Increased productivity providing clear KPI / Lean Management in production, administration and sales
- Ensured required production utilization of selected plants by establishing a platform for private brand programs
- Boosted employee motivation by establishing clear job specifications, transparent processes and remuneration policies
- Achieved sustainable cost improvements by introducing 355 workdays in production as first company in Europe
- Lead the full restructuring and turnaround of a chronically loss-making company
- Swift and successful merger of two competing sales companies in 17 countries across Europe
- Lead negotiations for integrating the foreign sales companies of a German company as part of a global joint venture and defined the future company set-up of the sales companies in Europe
- Certified Restructuring and Financial Recovery Consultant - IfUS Institute, SRH University Heidelberg
- Excellence Program “Supervisory Board knowledge from A - Z“- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Germany
- Artificial Intelligence – Advanced Management Training, TU Munich: Chair of Robotics, AI and Real Time Systems and appliedAI Initiative of UnternehmerTUM GmbH, Germany
- Digital Transformation – Univ. of Virginia and the Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Blockchain - Hype or Innovation, openHPI (Hasso-Plattner-Institute), Germany
- Mediation Training, neustart, Berlin, Germany
My name is Andreas Niegsch, I was born in 1964 and raised in the left Lower Rhine region. After finishing my schooling and compulsory (military) conscription I left for Bavaria, where I successfully completed my degree in business engineering in Rosenheim.
Already prior to my studies I had been interested in later shaping business structures and engaging with different cultures and circles. For fact this then became my reality and I am forever grateful.
From early on in my career, I was fortunate to get the opportunity to assume entrepreneurial freedom and responsibility to develop, implement and take responsibility for new concepts, as well as later on business models and strategies. These tasks generally ranged between six months to four years.
Throughout my 25+ year career as a manager, director and CEO of leading international automotive supplier companies, I have initiated and been responsible for strategy and operational developments, re-orientation and transformation including restructuring for multiple mid-sized companies. During which I spent over 12 years living abroad in Western and Eastern Europe including Turkey and have worked in more than 60 countries in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
On a personal level, the experience of living in various different countries and cultures together with my wife and two children has informed and shaped us greatly as a family, through which we have grown close together, whilst simultaneously allowing me valuable insights and experiences into differing cultures. Furthermore, this has allowed me to come into contact with many interesting people, colleagues and friends. Those experiences enabled me to address situations and challenges with more openness and tolerance, albeit too with the necessary distance.
On the professional side, I have learned to analyse different needs and challenges quickly, encourage staff for the necessary changes through active integration to ensure subsequent solutions regardless of the situation.
Change, embracing new paths, and letting go of the old have been substantial parameters of my life for a long time. Likewise, at the end of 2017 I decided, after 25 years in permanent job, to embrace the change opportunity once more as an Interim Executive / CEO.
Interim Management in Times of Uncertainty
Chief Executive Officer DACH
Bridgestone Deutschland GmbH
Transformation of the companies and their business models incl. M&A
CEO / Managing Director/ Director Sales & Marketing
Goodyear Dunlop Tires Europe
Development and execution of sustainable business strategies and organisational structures / business reframing / restructuring / turnaround / M&A / post merger integration / defining and executing of sustainable strategic
product portfolios as well as sales and marketing strategies
Senior Product- and Project Manager
Robert Bosch GmbH, AutomotiveAftermarket Division & Packaging Machine Division
Extended market coverage revising and extending the strategic product portfolios for Asia, Latin America and Europe
Manager Trade Marketing & Regional Sales Manager
Michelin Reifenwerke KGaA
Established Trade Marketing
Why Interim Management?
...for your company
It offers an effective and efficient temporary and short-notice solution for your company to receive missing capacity or knowledge. Be it to fill a critical vacancy, to execute change and transformation processes as well as to transfer know-how and experience.
For me, it allows the opportunity to support and guide companies in change and crisis situations with my knowledge and many years of experience in international management.